8 Ideas For Sweeter Sales.
Forest Gump said it best: ‘Life’s like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.’ Sales results often share the same fate. Here are a few ideas that might help you chose the best chocolates!
- A big part of any sales function is continuous and rapid prospect qualification. The key measurement is whether or not they are going to buy. This differs from what they want to do, as compared to what they can do.
- Focus on what you have to offer, and not just what you are selling.
- Continually expand your product applications to new markets and/or customers. This minimizes your reliance on fragile markets or domineering customers.
- Focus your creative energies on strategies that promote consistent wins. By doing so, you will lessen your natural tendency to fall back on the blasé behaviors that just can’t produce the long-term consistency you need.
- If your pipeline seems to be managing you, then manage your prospects much earlier in the sales cycle. Two aspects of managing prospects are rating them as a company and the value of their opportunities. If either doesn’t fit your business, move on.
- Once you have your customer’s attention, keep it focused only on them.
- Simple selling techniques work. If nothing else, try something simple to improve, innovate and demonstrate your product.
- Promote customer satisfaction, but sell loyalty. Loyalty is the reason customers want to buy from you.
MosaicCRM Experts Corner
Nobody said CRM is sweet but here are a few ideas to keep your sales process on track:
- Qualification: Set out predefined Rating and Profile descriptions for your Account and Contacts. How well each fits the ideal target can speed up this all important sales step.
- Customer Retention/Loyalty Process: Don’t leave retention and loyalty programs to chance. MosaicCRM offers ‘Marvel’ a unique system of multiple contact processes that keep your organization in front of customers.
- Daily Activity Manager: This eloquent system makes daily activities a breeze so sales staff can concentrate their energy and time on selling.
- Deal Nurturing: Nothing is dropped or forgotten with PipelinePro methodology and alerts systems.
Bill Noonan, Founder & CEO, MosaicCRM
I’ve put together this slide presentation that covers a number of key elements that can help in your CRM Plan or Re-Start program. Some of the topics include Beware of ‘Quick and Easy’ CRM promotions, The Human Factors, Competition Applications, Abilities, Resources and Sales Process Design, Budgeting and more.